“We like this best with Johnsonville Bratwurst but any rich, savoury style sausage would work.”
- 500 grams penne
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 bratwurst or other savoury flavoured sausage, skins removed
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup milk
- pepper to taste
- grated parmesan for garnish
- Cook pasta al dente.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil on medium-low. Cook onion slowly, stirring often until onions are caramelized. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add sausages to pan, breaking up into small chunks. Brown and cook for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove and drain sausage meat. Add to onions.
- Heat pan and add milk, scrapping brown bits into milk. Return onions and sausage meat. Add peas, lots of pepper and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Mix with pasta, serve with parmesan cheese.
YIELD: 4-6 servings