“There is nothing like pesto sauce made from basil straight from the garden.”
- 500 g whole grain linguine or spaghetti (see note below)
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons reserved pasta water
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Before draining pasta reserve 2 tablespoons pasta water.
- Drain pasta.
- Add reserved pasta water to pesto sauce in order to warm up sauce and make sauce easier to mix with pasta .
- Mix with pasta and serve with extra parmesan cheese
WHOLE GRAIN PASTA
Our favourite whole grain pasta is either Catelli Healthy Harvest Flax Omega-3 pasta or Catelli Multigrain. Both have great fiber yet with a better texture and flavour than traditional whole wheat pasta. I usually serve whole wheat pasta with much heavier flavoured tomato based sauces.
YIELD: 4-6 servings