“The urge to bake hit late one evening and a peek in the freezer netted some frozen mango and a ripe banana. So that night we enjoyed Mango Banana muffins.”
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lighty beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups ripe mangos, cut small and partially mashed
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, lime juice. Mix into dry ingredients.
- Add mango and banana.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on wire racks.
Frozen mango works well in the recipe. If you like add some raisins (1/2 cup) and chopped walnuts (1/2 cup).
Yield: 24 muffins