“I almost always use goats cheese in place of whipping cream as it adds a richer flavour. If you like replace the goats cheese with 1/4 cup whipping cream for a more traditional flavour.”
- 500 grams broad egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini, shitake, oyster and chanterelle mushrooms coarsely sliced
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons goats cheese
- Cook peas if they are fresh, drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil. Cook onions, garlic, and mushrooms until browned, about 5 minutes.
- flour, thyme, nutmeg and pepper. Stir 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, white wine and peas. Cook until thickened, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in goats cheese until melted. Add drained pasta and serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings