- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 6 boneless pork loins
- 2 tablespoons each butter and olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chicken stock (or 1/2 white wine, 1/2 stock)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- Pound pork slightly so thickness is between 1/4 and 1/2 inch depending on your preference.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the flour and half of the salt & pepper; lightly dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- In large pan, heat half of the butter and oil over medium-high heat; cook pork, turning once, for 3 to 6 minutes or until golden brown but still a bit pink inside. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter and oil, add mushrooms, thyme and nutmeg. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour, cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add stock and reserved chicken juices; bring to boil, stirring to scrape up brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- At last minute, stir in goat cheese broken into pieces until just melted.
- Return pork to pan to heat and serve.
Yield: serves 6