This is a mayonnaise-based caesar salad dressing that works great with thinly sliced black kale to make a Black Kale Caesar Salad but works equally as well with romaine. The taste reminds me of Renée’s salad dressing.
If you prefer an olive oil & egg-based dressing, try this traditional caesar salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- heavy dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 anchovy, chopped and made into a paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon regular mustard
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan
- Mix mayonnaise and olive oil.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, anchovy, lemon juice and mustard. Combine & make sure there are no anchovy lumps.
- Add parmesan and combine.
Dressing can be stored in a sealed jar in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
If you are making a kale caesar salad, chop black or Tuscan kale very thinly across the leaf. Kale is dense so chopping it finely makes for a better texture when eating. Add a little more dressing than you would for a romaine salad.