“We grew seven varieities of potatoes in our garden in 2010 and it was quite fun to try different potatoes in this recipe for classic potato salad. While we chose to skip the purple Russian Blue potatoes (too weird), the best for overall flavour and texture were the German Butterball potatoes.”
- 6 or 7 whole potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped (optional I leave out as we don’t like it)
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- Boil potatoes unpeeled. When they have cooled, skins easily peel off then chop small.
- Chop eggs into small pieces.
- Add chopped onion and pickles.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
- Toss over salad and refrigerate.
Yield: 6-8 servings