“A cinnamon-crunch streusel on the inside makes every bite tasty. I think next time I will try switching the oil for melted butter to give it a bit of a richer flavour.”
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the sugar, the nuts and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once. Stir until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Draw a wide rubber scraper through the batter and up in a circular motion to marble.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the enter comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf