“A tasty BBQ souvlakia. Make extra and freeze uncooked chicken on skewers. Much better than store bought. ”
- 6 boneless skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut chicken into 2″ squares.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Thread chicken on skewers. BBQ 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with Tsatsiki Sauce in pita pockets or over rice.
Drumsticks and Legs: I often make this for dinner substituting drumsticks and legs for the wings. Serve with mashed potatoes and use soy drippings as a sort of light gravy.