“This quiche style tart is great for brunch during the holidays when company is coming. ”
- 4 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- pinch each salt & pepper
- 24 tart shells
- 1 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar or goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light cream (10%)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut onions into quarters and slice thinly.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are light brown.
- Add sugar and vinegar; cook until onions are very tender and browned. Remove from heat.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper, cool slightly.
- Divide onion mixture among the tart shells. Divide cheese over top, about 1 tablespoon in each.
- Beat eggs with cream; pour evenly over cheese in tart shells.
- Bake in bottom third of oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until filling is set and puffed and pastry is brown. Cool on wire rack.
Make Ahead Tip: Bake, cool and refrigerate in covered container up to 2 days ahead. Reheat in 350F oven until warm about 5 minutes.
Yield: 8-10 servings