“We often have this light pasta for lunch. Think of it as a healthier version of mac and cheese. The recipe was inspired by my Grandmother who cooked me bow ties in chicken broth when I was a child.”
- 350 grams bow Ties or ditali
- 12-14 spears asparagus, cleaned
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chop asparagus into 1 inch pieces, setting aside tips.
- Add chicken broth to pot. Bring to boil, add pasta. Add enough water to cover about 1/2 inch.
- Cook on low boil until pasta al dente. Add more water if you need to to keep pasta just covered.
- 5 minutes before pasta is cooked, add asparagus pieces except tips. Add tips with 3 minutes to go.
- Drain pasta of all but a bit of liquid (it will soak in).
- Toss with parmesan. Serve with extra parmesan as garnish.
Yield: 4-6 servings