“This recipe produces a tender, almost cake like bread with a real banana flavour.”
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 6 cup loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended and the consistency of brown sugar.
- Gradually beat in eggs.
- Fold until just combined bananas and nuts.
- Spread batter in loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake 50 to 60 minutes for loaf, 25-30 minutes for muffins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.