“This Baked Brie and Hazelnut recipe also works well on a mixed greens salad rather than on toast triangles. From Great Moments In Cooking.”
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brie
- 2 green and 2 red apples (garnish)
- Toast triangles
- Put olive oil in a small shallow bowl.
- In second bowl, mix bread crumbs, parsley and chopped hazelnuts. Set aside.
- Cut Brie into wedges and dip each piece first into olive oil, then into bread crumb nut mixture; press the mixture in firmly.
- Arrange the wedges on a baking pan, leaving at least 1 inch between each piece. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the Brie.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Garnish plates with pieces of apple. Add baked cheese wedge and hot toast triangles to serve.
ALTERNATIVE SERVING SUGGESTION
I do up the baked brie slices and place them on a bed of mixed greens and serve with a balsamic vinaigrette.
Yield: 8-10 servings