“This is so great with mixed baby vegetables fresh from the garden. Almost any baby vegetables will do.”
- baby carrots
- yellow or fancy baby zucchini
- green beans
- onion, sliced thin
- zest of one lemon
- fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Trim the vegetables leaving the whole or in large pieces.
- Place vegetables in buttered baking foil, season with salt and pepper. (You can do individual packages if you want).
- Mix butter with lemon zest in a small bowl. Add chopped basil (or any other herbs you like). Place a generous amount on top of vegetables.
- Fold over the foil and seal. Cook on BBQ for about 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Flower butter: instead of herbs you can season the butter with chopped baby nasturtium leaves (they have a slight onion/peppery taste). When done, top each serving with a baby nasturtium flower.
Yield: 4 servings