“Lot’s of crunchy topping on this apple crisp.”
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- large pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- apples, chopped (Spy or Ida Red are good choices)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray or grease top edges of 9 x 13 casserole pan.
- Fill bottom of pan with chopped apples.
- Mix topping ingredients. Spread over apples.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are soft.
Note: if making crisp in 1.5 litre casserole dish use one-half of topping recipe.
Yield: 12-16 servings.